Emission and fixation of greenhouse gases in potential specialty coffee production zones in Antioquia -Colombia
MetadataShow full item record
The aim of this first part of the study was to estimate the greenhouse gas (GHG) emission and fixation balance in specialty coffee production in the Department of Antioquia, Colombia. The results show that an average of 1,068 kg CO2 per kg of coffee cherry produced is fixed. The fixation and emission balance was positive of 0.271 kg CO2e / kg coffee cherry. Total GHG emission was 0,816 kg CO2e per kg coffee cherry. Emissions due to loss of carbon from soil organic matter, organic matter incorporation and coffee leaf litter decomposition, were 84.3% of total emissions and the remaining 15.7% was due to emissions from nitrogen fertilization.